Thursday, October 30, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival....Catnap Blanket


AmysCreativeSide.com
A couple times a year, Amy over at Amy's Creative Side hosts a Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Every year, I debate whether or not to post.  This year, I am!  I'm entering this one in the Handquilted category.


Indian Blanket quilt

This quilt is one of my all time favorites.

Not only does it feature Lizzy House's Catnap (and she's one of my all time favorite designers), there is something enticing to me about the color combination.

Indian Blanket quilt

The design is Rachel's from Stitched in Color.  I'm taking her Angled class.  I'm getting comfy with triangles.  I definitely see more in my future.

I hand quilted this in perle, trying to find colors that blended (without vanishing) into the fabrics.
Indian Blanket quilt

It's approximately 64"x70".

If you want to check out other quilts, or enter your own, you've got until Oct 31 to do so!

4 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Really beautiful!! I adore the colours too and the hand quilting looks fantastic!

Sarah said...

This quilt is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ella! I love your quilt! Beautiful colours and the desing is fantastic! x Teje

Carla said...

Very very cool. And, just look at that hand quilting!